(U) Radiant GOLD is a multifaceted research and development effort focused on Theater Ballistic Missile Defense (TBMD).
(U) Radiant GOLD encompasses the following individual initiatives:
- (U) Aegis Cueing- Modification of JTAGS processing software to support experiments using Aegis system at Wallops Island, in preparation for seaborne test. Continue to examine methods to deliver cueing data to Aegis via a JTAGS Remote and continue phased array antenna research for direct Defense Support Program (DSP) link.
- (U) Reduction of Bias Errors- Conduct field trails of prototype system under controlled conditions, in preparations for trials as part of one or more theater exercises.
- (U) COBRA BRASS Conduct operational assessments in conjunction with pre-deployment training for Commander, Cruiser-Destroyer Group ONE and Carrier Air Wing TWO.
- (U) GALE- Fund TBMD-related upgrades in the next GALE software build and support continued use of GALE during fleet exercises.
- (U) Duplicate Reporting- In cooperation with NRO, TDDS and TIBS program offices, and U.S. Space Command, develop and test concepts for reducing duplicate reporting.
|COBRA BRASS||COBRA BRASS|
|DSP||Defense Support Program (DSP)|
|Navy Area Defense||Navy Area Defense|
|Navy Theater-Wide TBMD||Navy Theater Wide Theater Ballistic Missile Defense System (TBMD)|
|Navy TENCAP||Navy Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP)|
|ISR||SPACE FORCE ENHANCEMENT: INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE AND RECONNAISSANCE|
(U) National Security Space Road Map Team, NSSA, Open Phone: (703) 808-6040, DSN 898-6040.
(U) 04 September 1997
(U) Road Map Production Date: 23 June 2001